Thursday 21 June 2012

An office dress and rubber boots

dress, office dress, office wear, multicolour, sleeveless, simple, fashion, vintage
It's been a very quite month on the garderobe, but was nothing like it for me. Juggling 7am work start, intermittent kind of relationship, doctor appointments and self grudging ambitions keept holding me back from churning out some good quality articles that are all freshly cooked and ready to go up (just need to be written): pyjama suits from Stella McCartney, how cool to be simple and that I' ve got a pair of carrot-orange Wellies.
I do! I really really do.
Wellingtons, orange wellies, rubber boots, fashion, shoes, rainy weather,All in all, I have now accumulated quite a bit stuff which is bound to appear here very soon.
Meanwhile I am sharing a picture of my new dress which I wore to work this week and received lots gratitude from the contemplators ...in other words compliments.
There are so many things about this dress that makes it tick. First of all the cut is simple and very well done. The fabric is light but doesn't crumple hence it flows effortlessly and with style (I suspect it must be super synthetic, however not sweaty).
The skirt swerves down from around your waste creating an endless swing around your hips and bottom. It is a bell-shape hence it flatteringly disguises the bits you want to be covered (well, I want). And the length is the supper-dupper winning length. I discovered it when I had my very first skirt brought to me by my mum from Amsterdam. It was an H&M skirt, and back in Latvia we didn't  know about the brand which sounded so brandishly chick and cool. I was a school girl and it was the most beautiful skirt I've ever had. (I have seriously fallen out of love with skirts these days though)
So the length, yes, half a knee is a trick. Half a knee covers the fat part of a knee, oh c'mon ladies, we al know that this little freaky bump right above your kneecap just makes you cringe especially when you pinch it with your fingers ..yuuuk, hate the thing, but once it covered, the visible rest of your knees look tiny and thin, and following the look down towards the shoes the calfs would be wider and then thinner again at the ankles. This subtle and line creates a visual effect of longer and leaner limbs!

Another trick are the colours of this dress. Some of the squares are coral rather than red.  The one on the top part is definitely coral. When trying the dress I had an option to go for a red square, but the coral is much more subtle and is flattering to the skin colour. And I absolutely love the fact that the background is sandy-beige instead of a plain white.
I have to admit this super dress went with a hideous piece of a belt which I had to remove together with the eyelets. Nevertheless 5* to the garment, and guess what- produced in Estonia. Would you believe it? Vyery vyery chip too!

Now I need a pair of these patented nude platforms. Any ideas? Only vyery vyery chip are accepted.

Ok, more to come. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment