Wednesday 2 March 2011

Hope for Spring to bring an end to seasonal incongruity

Indeed, I pray for spring to get those ugg-lovers out of their horrible footwear...but most probably, just for those to be replaced with -not any better -Wellingtons.

Not only the whole outfit gives an impression that its' carrier must be moving house - - with all her belongings inaccessibly (and stupidly) packed away, or worse- poor sod living on extremely scarce means- not being able to afford a decent pair of winter shoes. I allow a thought of some people favouring comfort to a style. But really! 

Many would agree that improperly worn uggs is such a common encounter on our streets (if only those can be worn properly, I wonder. I presume that a comfort of one's home should be a good scene. Hidden away from anybody's eyes. But once again, I honestly prefer to look at my hottest at home- for somebody special to rest their eyes upon me). I guess everyone remember one of those encounters when you watch a girl walking in front of you with one of her uggs unbelievably worn out, chubby and smudged with dirt...but worn with shorts or mini?

There is nothing more preposterous than wearing clothes that is out of season, or likewise in this case- so irritably incongruous. Regardless how tempting it might feel to wear your Chanel-like marine shorts and white little cap. Believe me others won't see what you see- sailing away on a glamorous yacht into blues of Mediterranean ...No. They would see a desperately daring attempt to stand out in chilling cold, sweeping-you-off-the-feet- winds, still in this urbane- industrialised city, amongst all-they-have seen society. You won't impress anyone. More likely you would get a contemptuous looks from wiser fashion gurus, condescending grins from old ladies and a right pass through to a genicologist!

Saying all this, I can not deny wearing a leather jacket every day.....in my room though...anticipating for appropriate time. And yes, it may look great in a contrast with woollen sweaters, hats, gloves and thick winter jackets. And yes- seriously-  it would look ludicrous if I wear it now. Aknowledged.
Hence I tuck into my gloomy wintery tweeds, and wait for a right time to come, whilst gibing away at others.


1 comment:

KristinaKJ said...

May I ask, when the fuck (excuse my language) did you learn to write that well?!!! so stylish, intellectual, sharp and to the point. I gather it would compliment you if I say your style does remind me of our beloved Stephen Fry's manner. I do not say such thing to flatter you, on the contrary to show you my deepest admiration, and quite frankly I feel ashamed of my knowledge of English. Please continue to write and honour us, the simple minds, by your creative blogs.

P.S. entirely agree upon improperly worn uggs

Post a Comment